The Ontario Ministry of Health announced it is extending the pilot program in which diagnostic blood testing for celiac disease (IgA and tTg IgA) is free through community-based labs until March 31, 2023.
How Can You Get Access to the Test?
If you live in Ontario and you think you or a family member are at risk for celiac disease and have not yet been formally diagnosed, speak with your doctor about getting tested. The individual must be over 2 years of age.
- IMPORTANT: You must be consuming gluten for a period of time for the test to be accurate.
- Download our Diagnosis Fact Sheet to take to your doctor or eligible practitioner to discuss your risk.
- You only require two blood tests – tTg-IgA and total IgA.
- Have a valid OHIP Health Card
- Need more help? Check out our Patient Q&A on our website here and a list of eligible labs.
- If you have any questions about accessing the program, please email us at email@example.com.