Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: Get tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more. Explore our Eating Healthy resources. We also have a selection of additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19.
- Diabetes: Visit the Diabetes Canada website for tools and resources.
- Lung Health: Review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines.
- Mental Health: Get tips and up to date information on local programs.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: Review tips on how to avoid common foot problems. (Link opens a PDF)
- Home Exercises: Learn about safe exercises that you can do at home.
- Children and Youth: Explore our collection of links to helpful resources and websites.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with local developments, please refer to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website.
News and Events
After 10 years of advocacy work by staff and volunteers at the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) National office, we are pleased to share a new pilot program by the Ontario Ministry of Health will cover the cost of initial blood screening to help diagnose celiac...
Are you experiencing COVID, Cold or Flu symptoms and would like to see a doctor? Visit https://www.rvh.on.ca/covid-19-information/covid-cold-flu-care-clinic/ to book an appointment.
IT'S NOT TOO LATE! Please click here to complete a short survey to let us know about your visit experience. Your answers will help us to improve the care we provide. Participation is voluntary and responses are confidential. Your input matters to us!
REMOTE CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE! All classes and group sessions are currently being offered through ZOOM. To register, select the class below or call 705-721-0370 x2907.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.
Please note: Classes are available to patients belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT). If your physician is part of the BCFHT their name will appear in the registration drop-down list.