The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is practicing Social Distancing to reduce exposure.
We are currently open for scheduled appointments (in-person or virtual) during regular hours.
Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: For tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more click here. For additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 click here.
- Diabetes: To view the Tools and Resources page of the Diabetes Canada website click here.
- Lung Health: To review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines click here.
- Mental Health: For tips and local programs click here.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: For tips on how to avoid foot problems click here.
- Home Exercises: To view safe home exercises click here.
- Children and Youth: For links to helpful website click here.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit news click here.
News and Events
This summer has been exceptionally hot, with several heat warning issued. What can we do to stay safe? Health Canada issued these tips to help us : Follow these five steps to protect yourself and your family in very hot weather (click on each tip for details):...
We realize how important the classes the Family Health Team offers are to you, so we are working very hard to be able to offer them virtually. The safety of our patients and staff is paramount and virtual classes allow us to provide the information you're looking for...
'My COVID Disability Q' is an online space for Canadian children and youth with disabilities, as well as family members speaking on their behalf, to ask questions that relate to both their disabilities and the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here to access the site.
IMPORTANT – ALL CLASSES AND GROUP SESSIONS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION. Virtual options are being developed and the website will be updated as soon as they are available. Thank you for your patience.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.