Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: Explore our Eating Healthy resources to access tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults. Additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 available here.
- Diabetes: Visit the Diabetes Canada website for tools and resources
- Lung Health: Review the COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines
- Mental Health: Access tips and up-to-date information on local mental health programs
- Foot Care/Chiropody: Review tips on how to avoid common foot problems – PDF
- Home Exercises: Learn about safe exercises that you can do at home
- Children and Youth: Explore links to resources and websites dedicated to children and youths
- Local COVID-19 Updates: To stay up-to-date with local developments, please refer to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website
News and Events
The Ontario Ministry of Health announced it is extending the pilot program in which diagnostic blood testing for celiac disease (IgA and tTg IgA) is free through community-based labs until March 31, 2023. How Can You Get Access to the Test? If you live in Ontario and...
Should I wear a mask when visiting the Family Health Team? Monday marked the end of the Ontario mask mandate EXCEPT for healthcare and a few others settings. To protect yourself and others please continue to wear a mask when at our 370 Bayview Drive clinic. Thank you.
In 2007, Nova Scotia classmates David Shepherd and Travis Price bought and distributed 50 pink shirts after a student at their school was bullied for wearing a pink shirt. With that act of kindness, Pink Shirt Day was born and is now observed on various dates around...
REMOTE CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE! All classes and group sessions are currently being offered through ZOOM. To register please call 705-721-0370 x2907.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.
Please note: Classes are available to patients belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT).
The following classes are also available to non-Family Health Team patients: Bone Health and Fracture Preventions and Weight Loss Surgery – Post-Bariatric Group.