The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is practicing Social Distancing to reduce exposure.
Currently we are only offering telephone appointments to our patients, with the exception of the Prenatal Well Baby Clinic & Breastfeeding Services.
Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: For tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more click here. For additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 click here.
- Diabetes: To view the Tools and Resources page of the Diabetes Canada website click here.
- Lung Health: To review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines click here.
- Mental Health: For tips and local programs click here.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: For tips on how to avoid foot problems click here.
- Home Exercises: To view safe home exercises click here.
- Children: For links to helpful website click here.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit news click here.
News and Events
Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19? Unsure of how to manage your recovery? Click here to learn more about what to eat and drink to support your system.
Canadian MentalHealth Association, Ontario Division’s BounceBack program has developed a mental health tip sheet to support those who may be experiencing heightened mental health challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The tip sheet, titled 10...
National Nursing Week 2020 is May 11-17. It is held every May to coincide with the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing. This year marks the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birthday. The theme this year is Nurses: A Voice to Lead...
IMPORTANT – ALL CLASSES AND GROUP SESSIONS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.