Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Barrie and Community Family Health Team Organizational Reports
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: Explore our Eating Healthy resources to access tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults. Additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 available here.
- Diabetes: Visit the Diabetes Canada website for tools and resources
- Lung Health: Review the COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines
- Mental Health: Access tips and up-to-date information on local mental health programs
- Foot Care/Chiropody: Review tips on how to avoid common foot problems – PDF
- Home Exercises: Learn about safe exercises that you can do at home
- Children and Youth: Explore links to resources and websites dedicated to children and youths
- Local COVID-19 Updates: To stay up-to-date with local developments, please refer to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website
News and Events
Join us in celebrating National Nursing Week from May 8-14, 2023. The theme this year is Our Nurses. Our Future to showcase the many roles that nurses play in a patient’s health-care journey and highlight the importance of nurses in our health care system. Thank you...
World Maternal Mental Health Week starts May 1 and World Maternal Mental Health Day is proclaimed as the first Wednesday in May each year - this year it lands on May 3 and the theme is Stronger together. Goal: Raising awareness of maternal mental health issues so that...
The Barrie and Area Ontario Health Team (OHT) has launched its website to help residents across the region access health and social care resources from one central online location. The fully accessible site will help patients, clients, families and caregivers find the...
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness. To learn more about these sessions, please select the ‘Info Sessions’ tab at the top of the page and then select the class that is of interest to you. Alternatively, you can select from the list of upcoming classes below.
Please note: Classes are available to patients belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT).
The following classes are also available to non-Family Health Team patients: The Bone Health and Fracture Preventions Class and the Weight Loss Surgery – Post-Bariatric Group.
NEED A FAMILY DOCTOR?
Explore different ways to get connected.