Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: For tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more click here. For additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 click here.
- Diabetes: To view the Tools and Resources page of the Diabetes Canada website click here.
- Lung Health: To review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines click here.
- Mental Health: For tips and local programs click here.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: For tips on how to avoid foot problems click here.
- Home Exercises: To view safe home exercises click here.
- Children and Youth: For links to helpful website click here.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit news click here.
News and Events
March is time to celebrate Nutrition Month! Each year, Nutrition Month aims to increase awareness about the importance of healthy eating by identifying dietitians as the most credible source of food and nutrition information. March 17th also marks Registered...
Are you ready to start improving your health? Our 'Quick Start to a Healthier You' information session might be just what you're looking for. This 1.5 hour session focuses on lifestyle factors that influence body weight - portion sizes, meal timing and balance,...
Seniors Centre Without Walls is an engaging, social, barrier-free opportunity to have fun! This phone based interactive free program is led by staff and volunteers geared to those that are 55+. Seniors’ Centre Without Walls 101 • You do not need to be a member of 55+...
REMOTE CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE! All classes and group sessions are currently being offered through ZOOM. To register, select the class below or call 705-721-0370 x2907.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.
Please note: Classes are available to patients belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT). If your physician is part of the BCFHT their name will appear in the registration drop-down list.