We are open for scheduled appointments (in-person & virtual) during regular hours.
The Prenatal and Well-Baby Clinic has MOVED to 370 Bayview Drive!
The Quarry Ridge location is now closed. Please call 705-721-0370 ext. 4 for more information.
The Aging Well Clinic has MOVED to 370 Bayview Drive!
The Little Lake location is now closed. Please call 705-721-0370 ext. 7 for more information.
Flu shots are being given at the Barrie and Community Family Medicine Walk In Clinics Bell Farm location from 5 to 9 PM, Monday to Friday and from 9 AM – 3 PM on weekends. The Prince William Way clinic location is also offering shots on Monday to Friday 8 AM – 9 PM and 9 AM to 3 PM on weekends and stat holidays. https://barriewalkinclinics.ca/
Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: For tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more click here. For additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 click here.
- Diabetes: To view the Tools and Resources page of the Diabetes Canada website click here.
- Lung Health: To review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines click here.
- Mental Health: For tips and local programs click here.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: For tips on how to avoid foot problems click here.
- Home Exercises: To view safe home exercises click here.
- Children and Youth: For links to helpful website click here.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit news click here.
News and Events
Four out of five lower limb amputations related to diabetic foot complications can be prevented. Wounds Canada is trying to “end the four” of five amputations that wouldn’t happen if more people knew how to prevent them. #EndDiabetes #SaveThe4 #PreventAmputations....
Flu shots are being given at the Barrie and Community Family Medicine Walk In Clinics Bell Farm location from 5:00 to 9:00 pm Monday to Friday and from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on weekends. The Prince William Way clinic location is also offering shots on Monday to Friday...
November 22 - 28 is National Addictions Awareness Week 'We are in this Together - Supporting Addiction as a Significant Other' Virtual Workshop Click here to see the invitation. November 24 !0:00 am - 12:00 pm Via Zoom Register at...
REMOTE CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE! All classes and group sessions are currently being offered through ZOOM. To register, select the class below or call 705-721-0370 x2907.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.
Please note: Classes are available to patients belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT). If your physician is part of the BCFHT their name will appear in the registration drop-down list.