The Prenatal and Well-Baby Clinic has MOVED to 370 Bayview Drive!
The Quarry Ridge location is now closed.
Please call 705-721-0370 ext. 4 for more information.
The Aging Well Clinic has MOVED to 370 Bayview Drive!
The Little Lake location is now closed.
Please call 705-721-0370 ext. 7 for more information.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is practicing Social Distancing to reduce exposure.
We are currently open for scheduled appointments (in-person or virtual) during regular hours.
Working together for health and wellness in Barrie and Community.
We are one of 200 Family Health Teams that were created as part of the Ontario government’s plan to reduce wait times and improve access to quality health care for Ontario residents. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have strived to enhance the care that is provided to patients and families within our community by offering a variety of programs and services that support healthy living and overall wellness.
Resources From Our Health Care Providers
Our health care workers appreciate what a challenging time this is and have provided some resources that you may find helpful:
- Nutrition: For tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, ideas for healthy snacks for kids and adults and many more click here. For additional nutrition resources related to COVID-19 click here.
- Diabetes: To view the Tools and Resources page of the Diabetes Canada website click here.
- Lung Health: To review COPD Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Guidelines click here.
- Mental Health: For tips and local programs click here.
- Foot Care/Chiropody: For tips on how to avoid foot problems click here.
- Home Exercises: To view safe home exercises click here.
- Children and Youth: For links to helpful website click here.
- COVID-19 (local): To stay up-to-date with Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit news click here.
News and Events
Want help navigating grocery shopping through the pandemic? One of our fellow Family Health Teams is offering this free online workshops.
Direction for attending COVID-19 Testing Locations has changed. Please see below. Click here for a PDF version of the document.
With so many diets being promoted, how do you know which one is right for you? Check out the Mediterranean Diet here and see if it's a fit. Our Registered Dietitians can also help determine the best way of eating for you, taking into consideration your lifestyle and...
REMOTE CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE! All classes and group sessions are currently being offered through ZOOM. To register, select the class below or call 705-721-0370 x2907.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is proud to offer several group education sessions as a means of sharing information with patients and families interested in learning more about health and wellness.