– COMING SOON –
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Presentation Summary
You’ve tried limiting this, and adding that, but it still seems that your IBS symptoms just don’t want to go away?
Access this on-demand, informative presentation offering evidence-based recommendations to manage common symptoms of IBS including gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation. You’ll learn about key diet foundations, as well as an introduction to the FODMAP diet and be provided with handouts to support the material that is reviewed. We recommend watching this session while you wait for your 1-on-1 assessment with the Dietitian.
This 1.5 hour information session is taught by a Barrie and Community Family Health Team Registered Dietitian.
What will I learn during this session?
Following the session you will be able to:
- Know the risk factors and causes of IBS.
- Recognize the dietary factors may contribute to the symptoms of IBS, including gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Learn what dietary changes can help to improve symptoms for gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Know how stress levels impact your gut function, and how stress management can help as 1 tool to manage IBS.
- Learn how the FODMAP diet may be able to further help reduce symptoms of IBS.
Who can attend?
Any patient belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team is welcome to view this information session, however, other digestive concerns should be ruled out, and the patient should be diagnosed with IBS by their health care provider prior to viewing this recording.
How do I register?
The recording will be available here in late winter 2023. If your Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner has already sent an IBS-related referral to our clinic, our administrative team will contact you shortly.
For more information please contact 705-721-0370 ext. 2907.