You’ve tried limiting this, and adding that, but it still seems that your IBS symptoms just don’t want to go away?
Join us for this informative class on the evidence-based recommendations to manage common symptoms of IBS including gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation. You’ll learn about key diet foundations, as well as an introduction to the FODMAP diet and be provided with handouts to support the material that is reviewed. Patients can choose to book a 1-on-1 assessment with the Dietitian after this class to further refine individual recommendations.
This 1.5 hour information session is taught by a Barrie and Community Family Health Team Registered Dietitian.
What will I learn during this session?
Following the session you will be able to:
- Know the risk factors and causes of IBS.
- Recognize the dietary factors may contribute to the symptoms of IBS, including gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Learn what dietary changes can help to improve symptoms for gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Know how stress levels impact your gut function, and how stress management can help as 1 tool to manage IBS.
- Learn how the FODMAP diet may be able to further help reduce symptoms of IBS.
Who can attend?
Any patient belonging to the Barrie and Community Family Health Team is welcome to attend this information session. Other digestive concerns should be ruled out, and the patient should be diagnosed with IBS by their health care provider prior to attending this group.
How do I register?
If your Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner has already sent a referral for this session, one of our administrative team members will contact you shortly. Alternatively, you can register yourself by calling 705-721-0370 ext. 2907 and speaking with our administrative staff
Classes currently offered via Zoom.
For more information or to register, please contact 705-721-0370 ext. 2907. This class is covered by OHIP.