Who We Are
The PNWB Program provides prenatal and well baby care for women and children (up to the age of 5 years) without a family doctor in the Barrie area. The program was initiated in response to an identified community need to improve access to Prenatal and Well Baby care for women and children in our community who do not have a family physician. Our goal is to improve health outcomes for these individuals by providing health care, education as well as referrals and links to community supports, as appropriate. Breastfeeding services are provided by a Lactation Consultant (RN) within the PNWB program. ALL WOMEN IN THE BARRIE AREA ARE ELIGIBLE FOR BREASTFEEDING SERVICES WITHIN OUR PROGRAM.
Please call 705 721-0370 x4 to book an appointment with our program.
Your appointment within the PNWB Program may include:
- Routine Prenatal Care (initial and follow up appointments)
- Newborn care
- Well Baby Check ups, including Immunizations
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Links to Community Supports, as needed
- Individual Support to help you quit smoking, if you are a smoker.
- Information Sessions:
- Early Pregnancy
- Breastfeeding- ‘Right from the Start’
- Introduction to Solids
- Kids and Mealtime Madness
What will I learn in the information sessions?
Breastfeeding – ‘Right from the Start’
Come learn about the benefits of breastfeeding and how to ensure breastfeeding gets off to the right start for you and your baby, in this welcoming, interactive session.The following topics will taught be a RN with additional education and knowledge in prenatal education and breastfeeding:
- The benefits of breastfeeding for you and your baby
- How to breastfeed (including positioning & latching)
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- When and where to seek help with breastfeeding, should you need it
Who can attend the information sessions?
This informative session is available to all prenatal patients of our community and a support person is welcome to attend.
How do I register for the information sessions?
Please call 705 721-0370 x4 to register, ideally during your second trimester (between 24-36 weeks) Classes will be available on a regular basis.
Information Sessions – Availability
The sessions currently run monthly (subject to change, depending on volumes.)
For further information please contact your Physician or Nurse Practitioner, or a member of the Prenatal Well Baby Clinic at 705 721-0370 x4