IMPORTANT REMINDER: BCFHT Mental Health Program
Please direct parents of children and youths requiring mental health counselling to the resources below. These services should be explored prior to making a referral to our program.
- New Path Youth and Family Services Walk-In Clinic- 705-725-7656, www.newpath.ca for clinic hours
- Kinark Child and Family Services 1-888-454-6275
- CMHA Youth Services- Case Management, Addictions Counselling and Groups (14 to 24 yrs) 705-726-5033 ext 230 or 249 / 705-321-5795 (text)
- CMHA- Early Psychosis Intervention Program (EPI)- 14-35 yrs) 705-725-5491
- John Howard Society – Mental Health Walk-In Clinic (12 to 24 yrs) 705-828-5670
- Success In Schools- BCFHT(Barrie Public Elementary)– 705-721-0370 ext 273
- CMHA Crisis Line– 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
- Crisis Text Line (crisistextline.ca) Text HOME to 686868
Adhering to this protocol will result in more timely access to the most appropriate services for your patients! Should the patient’s parents call our office, they will be advised to contact the resources above. Please echo this message when speaking with them.
The child and youth services that the BCFHT Mental Health Program provides consists primarily of psychiatric consultation, providing information to parents and facilitating referrals/recommendations to specialized services where appropriate.
Please contact our office at 705-726-4225 ext. 2610 if you have any questions. Our hope is to streamline access for patients as much as possible.
Valerie Johnston, Program Manager
Barrie & Community Family Health Team – Wellness Counselling Program
Topic: BUPRENORPHINE-NALOXONE TREATMENT FOR OPIOID USE DISORDER COURSE
Click here to view details.