What will I learn during this Information Session?
Carb Counting 101 if a self-management session facilitated by a Registered Dietitian Diabetes Educator and is designed specifically for:
- People with diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Friends and families that support others living with diabetes
With completion of this session the participants can expect to develop a greater understanding of:
- Sources of carbohydrate in the diet
- The role of carbohydrates
- Carbohydrate counting
- Who can carbohydrate count
- Benefits of carbohydrate counting
Who can attend?
This session is open to patients of the Family Health Team and they are encouraged to bring along significant others who are also involved in their eating routines. Please let us know if you will be bringing an additional person for seating estimates.
How do I register?
Currently there are no sessions for Carb Counting 101 scheduled, please check back soon.
Classes run based on demand but approximately once every 1-2 months, times vary.
Class size varies between 5-20 persons, dependent on registration and room size.
Check Back Again Soon To Register